BlocPower is a clean energy startup that provides engineering, financing, and project implementation services for green building retrofits that save money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities in low-to-moderate income communities.
Thousands of houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses, and multifamily buildings across the country are not being served by traditional energy services companies because they are considered: too small, too costly, or too risky to serve. BlocPower’s platform provides financing and engineering services that reduce the barriers between these building owners and money-saving, quality-of-life-improving building retrofits.
BlocPower’s Senior Energy Engineer role is offered to a team-oriented, highly motivated engineer, and will be responsible for:
• Conducting on-site visit for energy consumption assessment for small to medium-sized commercial and multi-family buildings;
• Developing python based modeling of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) loads and simulating the energy consumptions;
• Reviewing and analyzing field-building data, utility bill data, and building simulation results and calculating conservation savings and evaluating financial viabilities to identify and recommend site-specific energy conservation measures (ECMs);
• Performing statistical analysis of energy, water and waste data to create energy, water and waste benchmark calculations for clients;
• Providing consultation for clients concerning sustainability and green building certification processes such as leed and net-zero;
• Developing equipment specifications and engineering drawings, conducting due diligence study on clean energy products, retrofit and overseeing/managing the installation of energy products by contractors;
• Developing BlocPowers engineering analysis algorithms to identify energy conservation and building operation improvement opportunities;
• Building BlocPowers proprietary infrastructure and software to streamline and scale business operations from project origination, project engineering and construction management to project performance evaluation;
• Developing and organizing training materials and guides for entry-level energy engineers on how to perform utility bill analyses, on-site energy assessment, and energy modeling.
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Special Requirement: Familiarity with energy dynamics of green building in the context of small to medium sized commercial and multi-family buildings.
Send Resume to BlocPower LLC., Attn Keith Kinch, 63 Flushing Avenue Building 212, Suite 507, Brooklyn NY 11205
BlocPower provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.